Centenary court is the development of the former Springbank School, renovated by Swallow Hill Homes. Located in the heart of Eastwood, the building was opened in 1910 to its first young scholars; the infant school being located on the ground floor and the juniors upstairs. The site sits within the Eastwood conservation area.
The school closed in 2010 when a new, purpose built school was constructed on Church Street. Over the last 2 years the site has been redeveloped by Swallow Hill Homes. In 2014 the nursery was renovated and 4 new dormer bungalows constructed in a manner sympathetic to the school building. These have all been sold. The original school building has been named centenary court to recognise its 100 years of service to the local community.
- Externally the building has been taken back in time by having its later extensions removed and its fabric restored. The wear and tear of the 20th century has been removed and the building refurbished for a new century.
- Internally it exceeds modern building standards, with high levels of insulation, acoustic partitioning, mobility access, emergency controls and air leakage.
- Quality kitchens from Magnet, Ideal Standard sanitary ware and Oak doors complete the high specification inside.
The building is now ready to start the next 100 years of its life providing high quality residential accommodation.